When one parent has physical custody, visitation allows the other parent to build a loving, healthy relationship with their kids. If you're planning your visitation this summer, though, you might be wondering how to make the most of your time with your kids. To help, here are some tips for ensuring your visitation goes smoothly and suggestions for where you might take your kids in Philly this summer.
To get the most from your visitation, plan ahead.
- Book tickets in advance to avoid disappointment
- Make sure you know how much everything costs and plan accordingly
- Always factor in travel time in your plans
Organizing your visitation can be stressful, but forward planning lets you focus on enjoying your time together.
Ask Your Children What They Enjoy
Your children might have their own ideas about what you could do together this summer, so ask them for their input. For example, young children may have a special place in mind they love or want to visit for the first time. And if you have older kids, this could be a chance to learn more about their hobbies and interests.
Philly is a diverse city filled with historical attractions. Have a fun, cultural day out with your kids by checking out some of these sites.
- Fireman's Hall Museum: Situated in a 19th-century firehouse, this museum helps kids learn about firefighting and fire safety.
- Independence Seaport Museum: Here, kids can learn about the Delaware River and the role Philly played in shaping the U.S. Navy.
Visit Outdoor Spaces
Parks and outdoor spots make a great daytime activity for kids of all ages. With so many green spaces to choose from, though, here are some outdoor spots you could explore first.
- Franklin Square: From mini-golf to carousels, there's plenty to see and do in Franklin Square.
- Philadelphia Zoo: Take the kids to America's first zoo and see rare and endangered animals up close.
Try Something New
If there's something most kids enjoy, it's trying something new. Whether you have young or older kids, here are some activities you might add to your summer itinerary.
- Linvilla Orchards: Visitors can go on pony rides, pick their own fruit and vegetables, and meet farm animals.
- Museum of Illusions: Take your kids through over 60 exhibits filled with optical illusions and other visual tricks – this is a great place to take some memorable photos.
Philadelphia Family Law Attorney
Visitation is all about spending time with your children and making memories. If you're concerned about your visitation rights, contact the Lento Law Firm. Joseph Lento is an experienced PA family law attorney who can help you negotiate a fair custody agreement – tell him about your case online or call 888.535.3686 today.